In all proceedings the World Service Conference of Al-Anon shall observe the spirit of the Traditions:
- That only sufficient operating funds, including an ample reserve, be its prudent financial principle;
- That no Conference member shall be placed in unqualified authority over other members;
- That all decisions be reached by discussion vote and whenever possible by unanimity;
- That no Conference action ever be personally punitive or an incitement to public controversy;
- That though the Conference serves Al-Anon it shall never perform any act of government; and that like the fellowship of Al-Anon Family Groups which it serves, it shall always remain democratic in thought and action.